Friday, September 08, 2006

Remember.....


I am a member of Soldiers Angels and one of the teams I am involved with is called Living Legends. This team honors our fallen soldiers from either OIF or OEF. Some weeks I receive many names whereas other weeks are quiet. Each team member receives an e-mail with the soldier's name in addition to a picture and/or cause of death. The e-mail also contains the family's mailing address so they can receive our cards/notes of sympathy, support, and strength. Since most people do not check the DOD's casualty name list, I've decided that every Friday's post will be dedicated to those fallen soldiers who entered my life during the week. They are more than just a brief blurb mentioned on the nightly news or in the back of the newspaper. They are each an individual.

Larry Benson, 46, NC
Kenneth Cross, 21, WI
Daniel Dolan, 19, UT
Rodney Jones, 21, PA
David Mahlenbrock, 20, NJ
Shaun Novak, 21, WI
Matthew Schneider, 23, NH
Shannon Squires, VA
Matthew Vosbein, 30, LA

1 comments:

Kat said...

Oh wow -- I've thought about doing this, myself..... great idea!!!

We will never forget our sweet heroes, or their families...