Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yurburg Website!


The Yurburg, Lithuania, Jewish cemetery restoration project finally has a website!! I am so excited about this news and also because the DVDs are also completed. When we arrived at the cemetery, my first thought was, "Dear God. How are we ever going to finish in time?" Fortunately, we were able to put up 700 ft of new fence, unearth and upright about 100 headstone, and clean existing erect headstones. A piece of me will always exist in Yurburg, Lithuania, and when some days seem longer than most, my mind drifts to a distant place and finds peace for there exists a fence.
Project Preservation's next project is in the Ukraine. I will not be participating this time, but will be on the next one.

Check out the link:

My Yurburg book is also doing fantastic, which makes me happy simply because the lost Jewish community will not be forgotten. Check out my book at the link to the right that says, "My Book".

0 comments: